Ivanti today announced that it is accelerating migration to the Android-powered supply chain with the introduction of Velocity 2.0, powered by Wavelink. Designed to speed modernization, Ivanti Velocity 2.0 enables retail and supply chain organizations to more rapidly optimize the user experience when they move their existing telnet and web apps to Android.
“With Windows Mobile and Windows CE nearing end of support, Android adoption in the supply chain is on the fast track,” said Steve Bemis, Global Vice President of Sales, Supply Chain Business Unit, Ivanti. “Ivanti Velocity simplifies this transition with a proven framework for Android migration that helps to speed app modernization by effectively guiding workers through tasks. Whether workers have experience or are new hires, helping them work faster and more accurately is the number one goal.”
The Ivanti Velocity framework sets the pace for bringing existing telnet and web applications to next-generation Android mobile computers through a four-step process – migration, optimization, modernization and speech (MOMS). With the release of version 2.0, major features and enhancements span this migration process, and include:
- Rapid Modernization. Scripts and APIs enable organizations to quickly detect their existing telnet and web applications and then within minutes convert them into a familiar Android touch enabled user interface, using configurable rules.
- Content Injection. External content, such as images from a website, can now be inserted inline into workflows, to aid task completion and promote speed and accuracy.
- Expanded Device Support: Offers enhanced integration with Panasonic rugged mobile computers along with pre-licensed and pre-loaded day one support for the Zebra MC3300 and Zebra VC80x series.
“With more than three decades of experience in delivering mobility solutions for the world’s largest and most respected retail and logistics organizations, Ivanti is the go-to business partner for improving efficiencies and modernizing the supply chain,” said Bemis. “This latest version of Ivanti Velocity, provides our partners and customers with greater flexibility and choice, along with an even more efficient method to migrate existing terminal emulation and web applications to Android.”
Ivanti Velocity 2.0 is available now. For more information, visit https://www.ivanti.com/products/velocity.
Latest posts by Terry Brown (see all)
- Information Integration and the Role Technology Plays - April 16, 2019
- What Is AIOps? - April 10, 2019
- 5 Ways to Protect Your Business Against Cybercrime - April 4, 2019