Snowflake Computing, a data warehouse built specifically for the cloud, has just announced that registration is open for its 2018 Cloud Analytics World Tour, which will include the US, Europe and inaugural events in Australia. The Snowflake global event series spans February 6 – May 10 and will center on the theme “Unite the Data Nation.” Each half-day event will bring together the brightest minds to discuss the latest trends, best practices and lessons learned in data warehousing and data analytics.
Attendees will gain evidence-based insights and the tools and techniques they need to unite data, people and technology across their organizations. The international tour kicks off in London and will visit 14 cities over four months, ending in Melbourne. The tour is expected to draw thousands of senior business leaders, analytics professionals and IT professionals from the US, Europe and Australasia.
“Across the world, people at organizations of all sizes are trying to unify their tools, people and data for more effective and insightful analytics,” Snowflake’s Chief Marketing Officer, Denise Persson said. “The Cloud Analytics World Tour will help attendees escape the restraints of legacy technology, empower everyone in the organization with data, and create a truly global enterprise data warehouse that unlocks all the value hidden in all of their data.”
Confirmed speakers from the Snowflake Cloud Analytics World Tour include:
- David Abercrombie, senior staff engineer, Sharethrough
- John Adams, CTO, Bringhub
- Trevor Beuthel, lead DW/BI engineer, Vibes
- Martha Bennett, principal analyst at Forrester
- Tom Davenport, best-selling author and professor at Babson College
- Guy DeCorte, founder and chief technology officer, Gravy Analytics
- Ryan Frazier, director of systems engineering and operations, Harvard Business School
- Matt Glickman, vice president of product, Snowflake
- Deeraj Haridas, director of business intelligence & analytics, Vibes
- Claudia Imhoff, president and founder of consultancy, Intelligent Solutions Inc.
- Craig Kelly, group product manager, Overstock.com
- Bob Muglia, CEO, Snowflake
- Philippe Nieuwbourg, analyst, author and lecturer at Decideo
- Robert Parviainen, vice president of data science, Seriously Digital Entertainment
- Tommi Vihervaara, development manager, BI and data analytics, Finavia
- Tristan Woerth, head of data science, siroop
- Jason White, senior director, software engineering, Blackboard
The Cloud Analytics World Tour will include free half-day events at:
London – February 6
Paris – February 8
Stockholm – February 13
Munich – February 15
San Francisco – March 13
Seattle – March 15
Denver – March 20
Austin – March 21
Atlanta – March 22
Chicago – April 10
Washington, D.C. – April 12
New York City – April 17
Sydney – May 8
Melbourne – May 10
Each event will include:
- A presentation from a lead industry analyst on the state of cloud data analytics.
- Powerful use cases that expose the limitations of traditional data warehousing and reveal what cloud data warehousing can deliver.
- Best practices from partners and customers, who will share how built-for-the-cloud data warehousing transformed their struggles into successes.
- Q&A sessions between industry experts and event attendees followed by a networking reception.
The Snowflake Cloud Analytics City Tour is brought to you by Snowflake’s ecosystem of technology and solution partners including Wipro, Talend, Tableau and Looker. You can register for the Cloud Analytics World Tour here: http://bit.ly/cloudanalyticstour2018
Source – PR Newswire
Latest posts by Kirstie Magowan (see all)
- Challenges Ahead on UK Information Technology Hiring Front - February 20, 2018
- Information Systems Sector Showing Job Growth and Salary Increase - February 15, 2018
- Service Delivery Trends for 2018 – Intelligent Automation, Talent Shortages And Trade Protectionism - February 13, 2018