Keeping up with emerging technologies becomes a challenge when there is so much happening in the world of technology today. If you want to see some of the most exciting new developments, then EmTech MIT is a very good place for you to start.
Today, MIT Technology Review announced the next edition of its flagship EmTech MIT conference, which will take place September 11-14 at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA. The latest in the EmTech Event Series, this conference examines this year’s most significant emerging technologies.
Launched in 1999, EmTech MIT has a longstanding legacy of exploring the biggest emerging technologies and trends of the day. MIT Technology Review’s 2018 Innovators Under 35 are all invited to appear in person at the event, representing the best and brightest technologists the world has to offer. The 35 innovators on this year’s list include inventors, entrepreneurs, visionaries, humanitarians, and pioneers in fields ranging from software and biotech to artificial intelligence and transportation.
The key themes of this year’s EmTech MIT conference include:
- The democratization of artificial intelligence (AI)
- Innovation in the AI era
- Sustainable energy
- Unexpected applications for genetic data
- Promise and perils of blockchain
The growing line-up of speakers includes:
- Ganesh Bell, President, Uptake
- Sam Eathington, Chief Science Officer, The Climate Corporation
- J. Alex Halderman, Professor of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Michigan
- Zachary Lipton, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Clara Vu, Co-founder & VP of Engineering, Veo Robotics
Some of the 2018 Innovators Under 35 confirmed to speak include:
- Jonas Cleveland, Co-founder & President, COSY Robotics
- Prineha Narang, Professor, Harvard University
- Alexandre Rebert, Founder, ForAllSecure
- Ashutosh Saxena, Founder & CEO, Caspar
- Alice Zhang, CEO & Co-Founder, Verge Genomics
Click here for full conference details, registration, and partnership opportunities.
Latest posts by Terry Brown (see all)
- Does Technology Make Us More Alone? - August 6, 2019
- How Many Skills to List on Your Resume? - July 26, 2019
- Customer Experience Vs. Customer Service – Proactive Vs. Reactive - July 19, 2019