DevSecCon – February 23, 2017
Security continues to be the number one concern for many organizations. With a rapid adoption of the DevOps way of working, what does this mean for security?
DevOps and Security practitioners will be gathering in Singapore as DevSecCon (http://www.devseccon.com), the world’s leading DevSecOps conference is held there for the first time on 23 February 2017, with practitioners and leaders from the DevOps, Development and Security industry in attendance.
This one-day conference is dedicated to DevSecOps – a new approach that strives to embed security controls and processes into development and business workflows.
Francois Raynaud, founder of DevSecCon, explains the motivation behind the conference: “IT security has never been more important – and we all know that it will only get more critical, not less. With business pressures demanding quick release cycles for applications, security is too often managed as an afterthought, compressed into a reduced timeframe and vastly compromised as a result. But nobody should have to sacrifice security for speed of delivery. DevOps and Security practices can work together to ensure security is built into development continuously, without impacting critical deadlines and delaying release cycles.”
The conference features presentations along with hands-on workshops from industry experts. Organizers say that attendees will receive thought-provoking insights about DevSecOps methodologies including topics like resilience, SSDLC, pipeline deployment, containers and IoT (Internet of Things).
DevSecCon is aimed at Agile, DevOps and Security practitioners, Developers, Engineers, Analysts, IT Managers and CxOs.
The Keynote address will be delivered by award-winning security innovator Shannon Lietz (DevSecOps Lead, Intuit), additional session highlights include:
- William Henry (DevOps Strategy Lead, Red Hat Inc.) – “Securing the container DevOps pipeline”
- Fabian Lim (DevSecOps Engineer, GovTech) – “DevSecOps in the government”
- Kim Carter (Director, BinaryMist Limited and OWASP Chapter Leader New Zealand) – “Developing a high-performance security focussed Agile Team”
DevSecCon Asia will take place at the Raffles City Convention Centre at 80 Bras Basah Road, Singapore, 189560.
To book your tickets, please visit: http://www.devseccon.com/asia-2017/#tickets
To view the full programme and line-up, please visit: http://www.devseccon.com/asia-2017/programme
Latest posts by William Goddard (see all)
- Blockchain and Payments Take Center Stage at Inside Fintech Conference & Expo 2017 - November 16, 2017
- Asia Setting the Pace in IoT Adoption - November 14, 2017
- GMail More than Just a Key Player in the Marketing World - November 10, 2017