Reports indicate a widening gap between companies that have advanced digital capabilities and those that do not. Successful enterprises have not only embraced digital, but are continuously redefining their vision and improving their execution. Global CIOs are invited to up their digital game by attending the 15th Annual MIT Sloan CIO Symposium, May 23, 2018. Registration for the nation’s premier CIO event is now open, with early-bird savings of up to 40 percent available through February 28, 2018.
The premier conference will bring together more than 800 global CIOs, senior IT executives, technology innovators and MIT academic thought leaders together on the MIT campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for a full day of networking, collaboration and discussions around emerging and evolving technologies like AI, big data, IoT, cybersecurity, blockchain, and cloud. Attendees will learn how to effectively build a digital organization that scales and implements new business models by navigating complex ethical and economic issues, developing platforms, managing hybrid IT and business talent, establishing cross-functional partnerships across the organization, and capitalizing on agile and DevOps.
“This year’s conference will enable CIOs to set clear objectives for their organizations and empower CIOs to plan and implement more strategically,” said Lindsey Anderson, Chair of the 2018 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium. “We are excited to provide opportunities for global business leaders to learn, engage, and connect with global technology and innovation communities so that they will be ready to return to their organizations and drive digital success.”
More than a dozen keynote presentations and interactive panel discussions tied to this year’s theme “Up Your Digital Game from Vision to Execution” will feature more than 60 business leaders, technology trendsetters, and thought leaders from academia. Potential topics to be addressed during the conference, include:
- Articulating Your Digital Vision
- The Future of Work in a World of AI, ML and Automation
- Closing the Gap Between Strategy and Execution
- Platforms & APIs: How to Cuts Costs, Raise Revenues & Boost Market Cap
- Trust, Distrust & Antitrust: Regulation in the Age of Platforms
- Experimentation Pitfalls and Heuristics that Succeed
- Creating a Digital Culture
- What is Your Digital Business Model?
- Mapping the Future of the IT Unit
- Employee Experience: Making it Easier to do Complex Work
- Additionally, the Symposium’s Innovation Showcase will feature 10 carefully selected early-stage companies that are providing innovative and valuable IT solutions. The Showcase will be open to the public from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is co-organized by the MIT Sloan Boston Alumni Association, the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy (IDE), and the MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research (CISR). It will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Kresge Auditorium, 48 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA. Early bird registration discounts are effective through February 28, 2018. For more information and to register, please visit www.mitcio.com.
Latest posts by William Goddard (see all)
- The Hottest 500 Cybercrime Prevention Companies in 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Insurers Face Challenges of Digital Disruption at Global Insurance Symposium - February 14, 2018
- Blockchain – Much more than just Bitcoin Hype - February 12, 2018