In the run up to the inaugural Techweek Washington D.C., presented this year by AARP and held Oct. 2-6, Techweek today announced the Techweek100, honoring leading technology-focused firms in the D.C. area, as selected by an Executive Advisory Board comprised of 10 D.C.-based tech leaders.
The Techweek 100 is comprised of four categories:
- Established Leaders — Organizations and people who generate sustainable wealth creation and inspire innovative spinoffs—also known as Hero Companies. D.C.-based leaders on this year’s list include Zvi Band, Co-Founder & CEO of Contactually; Fiona Gathright, Founder & CEO of Wellness Corporate Solutions and Tom Davidson, Founder & CEO of EverFi.
- Rising Startups — Newer companies experiencing rapid growth and innovation. These organizations are on track to become Hero Companies in the next few years. D.C.-based honorees include Ximena Hartsock, Co-Founder of Phone2Action; Juan Pablo Segura, Co-Founder & President of Babyscripts and Alex Wirth, Co-Founder & CEO of Quorum Analytics.
- Innovative Investors — Investment professionals and institutions that are financing the future generation of Hero Companies. D.C.-based companies on this year’s list include Julia Taxin, VP of Grotech Ventures; Tien Wong, Chairman of Opus8 Inc. and Allie Burns, Managing Director of Village Capital.
- Talent Cultivators — The support system of tech entrepreneurship, making dedicated efforts to grow the resources available to innovators. The entities on this list include incubators, educational institutions and other local organizations that help foster D.C.’s growth as an internationally-recognized innovation center. Cultivators include Aerica Banks, Founder Member of BEACON D.C.; KellyAnn Kirkpatrick, Program Manager of Inclusive Innovation Incubator (IN3) and Jeff Reid, Founding Director of the Entrepreneurship Initiative at Georgetown University.
“This year, we are thrilled to add D.C. to our lineup of festival cities,” said Amanda Signorelli, CEO of Techweek. “D.C. is now a top five region in the U.S. for VC-backed funding and growing quickly. Considering this, we enlisted the help of our elite Executive Advisory Board to assist in the selection process of our D.C. Techweek100 list. Who knows the city better than the people that have grown to see success within the city itself?”
Members of the Techweek100 are invited to all events, and are among each conference’s most celebrated attendees. The full list of D.C. Techweek100 honorees can be viewed at: techweek.com/washington-d-c/.
Source – PR Newswire
Latest posts by William Goddard (see all)
- Monster Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Event Coming to Hong Kong - April 11, 2018
- Your Digital Transformation Journey Starts at Knowledge18 - April 9, 2018
- TechDay London Announces Third Annual Event - March 1, 2018