Aquaculture Audit Team Leader
€80,000 per annum
My client, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an Aquaculture Audit Team Leader to join their commercial division on a permanent basis. As the Aquaculture Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring service delivery to clients internationally, which will include the management of the Auditor base, as well as the conducting of appropriate audits (BIM, BAP, ASC, GlobalGAP) where necessary.
Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will need to be an experienced Aquaculture auditor, and will be comfortable in operating as a Subject Matter Expert for both clients and Standards Owners. Furthermore, the role will require regular national and international travel so flexibility to critical to the position.
An overview of the main duties has been provided below:
- To be responsible for the line management of auditors/assessors within the Aquaculture team;
- To act as the main communication conduit between the office-based team and the auditors/assessors;
- To act as the main communication conduit between the business and key clients and standard holders including BIM, BAP, ASC and GlobalGAP.
- To handle general auditor/assessor enquiries, escalating to the General Manager as appropriate;
- To be responsible for the effective utilisation of the team resource, working closely with the Administration Team and ensure that claims for audit time and expenses are accurate;
- To contribute to the recruitment, induction, on-the-job coaching, training and approval of auditors/assessors, including subcontractors where appropriate and as required;
- To ensure that the audit delivery schedule is adhered to and in line with the appropriate standard/scheme in accordance with client specification and relevant Codes of Practice;
- To conduct audits on applicable standards within approved competence;
- To conduct technical audit file reviews for applicable aquaculture standards within approved competence;
- Use objective evidence gained through the evaluations to prepare reports in an accurate and concise manner and within relevant KPIs. In addition, you will be required to report findings verbally to clients.
As the Aquaculture team is based in Dundalk, Ireland; applicants not resident in Ireland will require to attend the office on a regular basis.
Experience and Skillset required:
- A minimum degree level qualification or higher, in a relevant subject;
- A minimum of five years relevant experience in the auditing arena; the scope of auditing activity will depend on previous experience and training;
- Successful completion of a recognised Lead Assessor course (for example ISO 9000 or ISO 14000), and a supervised period of training in practical assessment, would be beneficial, as well as the successful completion of a recognised course in HACCP based on the principles from Codex Alimentarius (training can be provided if required);
- Previous supervision/team leader experience desirable (training and development will be provided as appropriate);
- Experience in change management and/or leading a team through change;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
The successful Aquaculture Team Leader will need to be focused Manager with a high attention to detail, as well as being able to work on their own initiative and also within a team environment. A high level of communication skill, both written and verbal, is essential, and a flexible approach to working hours will be needed.