Newcross Healthcare is looking for experienced and enthusiastic Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our clients in the local areas of Wadhurst, Ticehurst and Stonegate through our friendly Ashford branch.
Working as a Newcross carer means you'll be working to improve and support the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter. You will promote service users' independence and protect their dignity through a kind and compassionate approach to personal care.
This could involve a range of tasks such as assisting with washing, dressing, toileting, meal times, accessing the community and other general activities that enable clients to receive an excellent standard of care.
- Salary of up to £11.30/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
Drivers are preferred for this role, however as long as you are local to the area and/or willing to travel locally via public transport, we have the role for you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities.
Our Ashford branch launched in the June of 2015 and has brought excellence in care to a huge array of individuals in the local area. As people recognise the quality of care they can achieve with Newcross staff, demand for our services has increased exponentially. Our branch is now covering a wide area of the southeast of England, from Bromley in Greater London all the way down to Folkestone on the coast.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.