Design Engineer (Electrical / Electronics)
Detectortesters is a designer and manufacturer of world leading testing technology for fire detection systems.
Their product portfolio enables functional testing and maintenance of smoke, heat and CO detectors through a range of renowned brands including; Smoke Sabre, Solo, Testifire and Scorpion.
Position: Sustaining Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Welham Green, Hertfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Sustaining Electronics Design Engineer will lead the effort to sustain and re-design the company's products from an electronics perspective (firmware and hardware).
• Proactively driving and implementing all sustaining changes of existing electronics designs
• Driving the strategy for the Sustaining Engineering team from an Electronics perspective
• Owning all the lifecycle maintenance of the electronics design (through redesign for cost, manufacturability, reliability, dealing with obsolescence, etc.)
• Going through the required due-diligence to ensure that the implementation of changes does not induce new failure modes or issues and showing awareness for any potential impact of the changes on 3rd party approvals such as UL, safety, EMC etc.
• Investigate the root cause of issues and then proposing and implementing robust solutions
• Maintaining an awareness of the available and appropriate technologies for the company's use
• Maintaining an awareness of the company's markets, customers and their technologies
• Honours Degree or HND in Electronics Engineering or similar subject
• Significant experience of electronic circuit design (circuit schematics & layouts) and experience of embedded systems (firmware).
• Significant experience in MFC or .NET programming or similar
• Good understanding of C language (for embedded systems).
• Extensive experience of Electronic CAD
• Ability to develop workable solutions from a theoretical specification or from internal or external customers.
• Good appreciation of engineering principles and grasp of applicable mathematics and physics
• Appreciation of national and international standards for electronic product conformance
• Experience in broad-based research, development and design for electronic products, focusing on maintaining / updating existing designs taking projects through from inception to production
• Implementing a wide variety of software for product design, support and manufacturing purposes
• Experience using Altium
• Appreciation for IPC standards would be helpful
• Some project and staff management experience would be a plus
• Experience working in a similar Design role oriented towards sustaining designs
• Skills in more than one engineering discipline, stemming from a wide engineering interest
You may have experience of the following: Sustaining Electronics Design Engineer, Sustaining Electronics, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Management, Product Development, Product Manager, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.