This position manages day-to-day FM activity for an assigned property or properties across our client's retail and office portfolio. The successful candidate must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage through stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions. It is also crucial to understand complex client and customer relationships, developing and maintain relationships. Core responsibilities include budgeting, accounting and finance, oversight of maintenance and operations, management of contracted services, purchasing of equipment and supplies, and occupancy services, administration and helpdesk.
- Establish and maintain superior client service practices.
- Develop and manage annual operating and capital expense budgets.
- Manage a staff of diverse skilled tradespeople and professionals.
- Coordinate facility operations in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets.
- Ensure all site management and operations practices are in compliance with company and client standards.
- Perform monthly reporting, forecasting and asset management duties.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Support multi-year capital improvement project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Deliver small, non-complex project works - typically up to $150,000.
- Manage third-party vendor contracted services as required, including periodic bidding and insurance updates.
- Monitor performance against scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Import best practices as new operating norms, and continuously explore innovation ideas to improve our service provision.
- Manage to defined facility budgets and generate savings to meet our financial commitments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENE
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 -7 years' experience, preferred
- Professional qualifications, desired but not required
- Experience with managing multiple vendors and small capital projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AD ABILITIES
- Superior people management skills
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Understanding commercial leases, routine accounting methods, and trade union protocols
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Proficiency with Excel and Word, preferred