Posting #: 2017-808938
First consideration will be given to members of the bargaining unit in accordance with the collective agreement.
Position: Helper II x 2 positions
Department: Food Services
Status: Temporary Part-Time, for approx. three months
Hours: Monday to Sunday - various rotating shifts - Days & Evenings (hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
To provide efficient service to Inpatient Units, staff and visitors in the Cafeteria. To maintain cleanliness, quality and freshness of products according to Hospital standards. Duties include preparing and serving patient meal trays, dish room duties, organizing and stocking supplies, merchandizing of baked goods, making coffee, taking cash, preparing orders, and cleaning equipment, and other duties as assigned.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Must be willing to acquire the Food Handler's Certification
- Previous food service experience required
- Customer service experience in the food service industry required
- Cash register experience required
- Working knowledge and understanding of Patient Menus, Diets and Meal Service, Dining Room Meal service experience.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP
- Knowledge of First In First Out principles of inventory maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload independently and use good judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with nursing staff, volunteers and patients
- Must respond to patients and customers with an appropriate sense of urgency and friendliness to help facilitate an increase in sales and customer satisfaction.
- Position requires long periods of standing, repetitive actions, and significant amounts of bending and lifting
- Satisfactory employment and attendance records required
Note: CUPE students who are not returning to school or have completed their respective educational program at time of posting may apply.
Salary: $16.30 to $20.37 per hour
Date Posted: August 9, 2017
Application deadline for Employees: August 16, 2017
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.