As HR Head of a large multi-locational logistics infrastructure company the incumbent will lead HR initiatives including the following:
1. Wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
2. Direct / advise department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
3. Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with law.
4. Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
5. Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
5. Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
6. Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
7. Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
8. Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
9. Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
10. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
11. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
12. Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization. Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
13. Administer benefits programs such as life, health, insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
14. Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier. Coordinate Safety Committee meetings and act as Safety Director.
15. Prepare budget of human resources operations.
16. Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
17. Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
18. Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
19. Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.