LOAN PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Location: Dublin 2
Position Type: 12 month fixed term contract
Capita Asset Services Ireland provides financial outsourcing services to a wide range of institutional, corporate and financial clients worldwide offering a range of services comprising corporate solutions, treasury solutions, debt solutions, shareholder solutions, fund solutions and private client solutions.
The Asset Manager will have responsibility for ongoing management and the delivery of agreed strategies across a range of performing and non-performing loans with ultimate aim of maximising recovery.
The Asset Manager will typically have significant lending and recovery experience across a number of asset classes.
The Asset Manager will support the Senior Asset Manager / Senior Manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the team thereby maximising recovery under the assigned portfolio.
- Manage the assigned loan portfolio, ensuring that the management is in line with all relevant Capita Asset Services and legislative policies to deliver agreed goals.
- Conduct due diligence on the loan portfolio and assist in formulating the optimum strategy to maximise loan recovery.
- Attend Borrower and Client meetings as required and act as a day to day point of contact for queries from the Client, Borrowers, Borrowers' financial advisors and other professional advisors.
- Co-ordinate all regular management information and ad hoc report requests for the team as required and to the highest standard.
- Draft strategy and credit papers succinctly and with minimal input from Senior Asset Manager / Senior Manager.
- Liaise directly with Property Sales Agents, Solicitors and Insolvency Practitioners to ensure that strategies are implemented.
- Maintain Borrower information files and accurately input information onto various systems.
- Ensure that agreed team targets / goals are delivered in line with client expectation.
- Ensure team compliance with required MI output, in line with client expectation.
- Champion new business key initiates to include compliance, PEGA, CCMS, etc.
What You Need
- Prior lending and / or recoveries experience is essential.
- QFA / APA required.
- Experience of working in a client facing role and of negotiating with distressed borrowers and their advisors, coupled with a strong background in managing complex problem cases.
- Experience of lending and / or recoveries in commercial and residential property, land and SMEs. Ability to determine optimal recovery strategies with reference to underlying security held.
- Strong financial analysis skills with a proven ability to review, understand and interpret financial accounts, management accounts and budgets.
- Experience of and ability to review loan and security documentation ensuring that legal advice is taken when required.
- Working knowledge of local tax, legal and accounting regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and collection on delinquent connections / loans.
- Experience in managing cases through the insolvency process; incorporating liquidation, receivership and examinership would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of negotiating and closing deals with distressed borrowers and their advisors.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- An ability to organise, accuracy and attention to detail are essential skills.
- An ability to prioritise and reprioritise when necessary to ensure critical tasks are delivered accurately and on deadline.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite- particularly Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.