The Lead Building Operator, reporting to the Facilities Manager, will advise and act as Forman for maintenance staff and monitor performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or leads all maintenance departmental service requests and work orders, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience to tenant. Performance of ongoing preventive maintenance and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment and other components. Maintain, operate and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair and related grounds as it pertains to facility. Perform assigned facility inspections, vendor work and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations. Provides training aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Supervises and directs service outcomes of subcontractors and monitors performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of Base Building maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance subcontractors, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provides training aimed at expanding the capabilities of the existing staff supporting MHE. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
- Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
- Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
- Comply with Client policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
- Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Prepare and submit purchase order requests
- Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
- Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
- Lead event setup/teardown activities including electrical, audio visual, coordinating with security or other tasks as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration, and HVAC - or 4th Class Power Engineer designation (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, and take corrective action
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and EXCEL
- The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties, as required.