Posting #: 2017-809355
Department: Facility Support Services
Hours: Monday to Sunday - Various rotating 8 hour shifts - Days and Evenings
As a member of Facility Support Services, the Porter will safely and efficiently transport patients, equipment and miscellaneous items within the confines of the facilities buildings by various methods including by wheelchair, stretcher, or bed as directed.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Follow all established procedures in accordance with the patient flow system
- Properly utilize hand-held technology
- Transport patients, charts, specimen, pharmaceuticals and the required equipment to various treatment and diagnostic areas throughout the hospital in a safe and efficient manner
- Transport of soiled linen, waste and recycling as needed
- Collect and clean equipment as necessary
- Assist with facility transport activities as assigned
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
The ideal candidate should be highly organized with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude. We require a person who is reliable and takes pride in their work with the ability to function in a fast-paced, physically demanding and patient focused customer service oriented environment.
- Grade 12 diploma required
- Recent related experience in similar environment required
- Ability to use technology in a hand-held device to accept and complete tasks
- Demonstrated ability to operate scissor lifts, stretchers, wheelchairs, electric Tuggers, etc.
- Must possess English language verbal communications skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand and communicate both verbal and written instructions, read product labels and procedure manuals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with patients, visitors, medical staff and other hospital personnel
- Ability to set and adjust priorities, multi-task and manage time effectively in response to changing unit needs
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job including standing for long periods, repetitive walking, reaching, repetitive bending, pushing and lifting using good body mechanics .
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently, following specific instructions, procedures and schedules.
- Must be able to work where exposed to infection, blood/human waste, odors and work interruptions.
- Must be confident and adaptable to working in a variety of clinical settings and facilities.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $17.17 to $21.47 per hour
Date Re-posted: August 29, 2017
Internal applications due by: September 5, 2017
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.