Process & Engineering Supervisor
Vita Liquid Polymers Ltd. Produce water, plasticiser and solvent based liquid compounds, coatings and adhesives. Major markets include floorcoverings, wallcoverings, textile coatings, automotive oil and fuel filtration, adhesives and sealants.
Position: Process & Engineering Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £34k + bonus
Closing date: 31st August 2017
About the role:
The Process & Engineering Supervisor will have responsibility for process and engineering activities on site. You will be expected to regulate engineering and relevant SHE procedures to ensure the operations department complies with group and regulatory standards.
• Personally, provide leadership, counsel and technical assistance to the operations manager and staff in the field of process safety and engineering to attain safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals
• Provide hands on facilitation of all process & engineering activities and interaction with manufacturing departments and contractors
• Develop & implement process safety programs including preventative and predictive maintenance activities
• Write operating & maintenance procedures and implement and teach where appropriate
• Control and regulate company regulatory compliance systems
• Develop, Implement & Improve key performance indicators (most importantly leading indicators) to progress the PSM & engineering programs
• Minimise occupational & operational risk exposure & embed a culture of risk awareness and considered risk control, ensuring improvement against key SHE objectives
• Lead & assist in the production of Risk assessments and safe systems of work
• Issue and control permits to work to ensure contractors and employees are working as they should
• Lead & assist in Management of Change activities
• Lead & document the process hazard evaluations of new & existing process
• Degree or equivalent background in Engineering or Chemical Engineering with an experience in a manufacturing environment including process safety
• Previous experience working with chemicals including solvents preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and protocols
• Ability to work extended hours or weekends when problems occur and be part of an out of hours call team within a reasonable framework. Occasional travel requirement within Vita group
You may have experience of the following: Process & Engineering Supervisor, Process Supervisor, Engineering Supervisor, H&S, Health and Safety, H&S Manager, H&S Supervisor, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.