Consider joining the talented staff at HIMSS Media as our Project Manager, Digital Events. HIMSS Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS). HIMSS Media is a media group exclusively devoted to healthcare and technology markets. Through its suite of market-leading brands, such as Healthcare IT News, Healthcare Finance News, and MobiHealthNews, HIMSS Media delivers news, analysis and must have information to an audience of senior healthcare and technology influencers. HIMSS Media is also the leading producer of important live events, such as the Privacy & Security Forum, Patient Engagement Summit, Revenue Cycle Solutions Summit and Big Data and Healthcare Analytics Forum.
This position produces, delivers and manages digital events, including custom events and webinars. As a key team member to ensure that the programs are produced on time, the needs and issues of target audiences are met; and that program and its collateral items are of high quality and value to participants.
- Primary point of contact for all issues related to the education programming of digital events
- Executes webinars for digital events and demonstrates sound technical knowledge of platform and ability to innovate additional features and functionality to enhance the product offering.
- Works closely with enterprise stakeholders to ensure that event needs are met (training, aiding when necessary, helping to troubleshoot/enhance the offering).
- Executes and tracks the status of all assigned digital events to ensure that all offerings are developed on time. Tracks topic and engagement statistics throughout the year.
- Manages education program content from clients to advance relevant and quality education programs.
- Liaison with client services team to ensure timely communication, works directly with clients and speakers in preparation calls and live events.
- Participates in weekly stakeholders meeting which utilizes project management skills that demonstrate the ability to manage multiple, highly-detailed projects simultaneously, bringing them to completion within expected time frames and manages the development and completion of program elements within related time lines.
- Collaborates effectively with IT Department and product vendors to ensure product stability over time and minimal downtime or delays.
- Participates on internal staff teams to assist in prioritizing and managing new events as well as to brainstorm on-going topic ideas for other digital events.
- Applies sound financial management skills in developing, executing, and tracking related budgets to achieve or exceed budgeted outcomes. Assists director, digital events in developing departmental budgets based upon the strategic priorities defined within the organization’s strategic plan. Assists with the completion of the budget and maintenance of actual revenue/expenses. Responsible and accountable for the management of budgeted revenue and expenses for all assigned educational programming.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees reporting to them directly or indirectly understand the importance of complying with the internal control objectives of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.