User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer - On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer Job Description
- This is a UX Designer / Information Architect role - they don't need to be heavy on UI but understanding of UI is critical
- Expert level, innovative UX Designer who understands how to best apply usability to enhance look and feel and flow of web applications
- They will work on several initiatives - SaaS design will be ideal and start-up mentality/experience
- Requires excellent communications because they will work with executive stakeholders to create and recommend design criteria
- Long-term goal is to have this person be our Design Chief
User Experience Designer Responsibilities
- Converting design concepts into visual design comparable using tools such as Axure, sketch, etc.
- Design highly responsive elements and behavior that work across various browsers and mobile devices.
- Paired programming with other software developers to implement designs.
- Modify existing designs as necessary for software enhancement and create new designs for new features to be delivered.
- Providing both analytical as well as highly creative design ideas to a product development engagement.
- Directly collaborating on user experience planning with product owner, architect and developers.
- Act as advocate and evangelist for design within product team, from a platform of competence and humility.
- Reliably delivering interaction and visual design as a key contributor to a multi-disciplinary team
- Researching interaction design and technology trends
User Experience Designer Must Have Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field
- Four (4) plus years of user experience for Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Strong working knowledge of: Sketch, Photoshop, Axure, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Applied experience of working with responsive frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Understanding of Agile (SCRUM) software development and project management practices
- Understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
- Strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
User Experience Designer Start Date
ASAP or 2 weeks’ notice
User Experience Designer Duration