Smart Grid Electrical Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Bowman Power Group is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reducing emissions.
Bowman Power Group has been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK.
We are now seeking to recruit a Smart Grid Electrical Engineer to join the Electrical Engineering team in our Southampton office. The primary purpose of this role is to deliver electrical diagrams for build, installation and commissioning of all electrical systems and products of our company, and to support system commissioning and build processes and procedures at Bowman.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 37 hours per week (Monday to Thursday – 8 hours and Friday – 5 hours).
Key responsibilities of the Smart Grid Electrical Engineer:
- Design electrical schematics, control logic diagrams, and operations documentation required to install and commission Bowman’s energy recovery systems.
- Design and define technical descriptions and instructions, connection tables, bills of material, verification testing plans, test procedures, component purchase specifications.
- Provide 2nd tier customer technical support for smart generator set deployments, with international travel up to 15% annually. This travel time might also include attending site visits to establish initial design requirements.
- Develop, review, and approve purchase specifications for low voltage electrical cabinet and drive components; such as contactors, relays, transformers, inductors, wires, cables, switches, breakers, power supplies, electrical filter components, drive accessories, etc.
Requirements for the Smart Grid Electrical Engineer:
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Control, Renewable Energy or similar discipline
- Competence in performing design calculations for power distribution equipment, wiring and related electrical/controls requirements
- Experience using Solidworks Electrical, EPLAN or similar electrical CAD program
- Have contributed to engineering projects involving elements of electrical engineering, systems integration and customer site commissioning
- Certified to 17th edition wiring regulations
- Experience commissioning and fault finding industrial control and measurement equipment
- Understanding of distributed generation regulations
Bowman offers the following benefits for the Smart Grid Electrical Engineer:
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking on site
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Smart Grid Electrical Engineer role then please apply now!
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
Bowman Power is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.