A multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy company based in Welling are currently seeking a Chartered or Near Chartered Structural Engineer to join their team.
The company specialises in building structures and the Structural Engineer role has arisen due to increased work and company expansion.
The ideal Structural Engineer will have a positive ‘’can do’’ attitude and minimum of 5 years’ experience in structural engineering along with an interest in structural defect diagnosis.
As a Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- General Structural Engineering design and project management of a team of engineers and technicians on projects ranging from small alterations to projects around £5million in build value.
- Inspection and reporting on defects on all types of buildings and structures.
- Providing technical support for Buildings Insurance claims, including subsidence, fire and storm damage and preparation of specifications for remedial works.
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Developing new ideas to help shape the future of the business.
Education & Experience:
- Chartered or Near Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction
- Good general structural/civil design experience
- Experience (or an interest in developing experience) in the inspection and reporting on structural defects.
- Proficient using range of IT systems/ software applications.
Key attributes/ skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering great buildings and great engineering.
- Ability to deliver projects and work on time and on budget.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Passionate about using latest engineering software technology.
- UK driving licence.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Email Systems - Outlook
- Experience using: CADS, TEKLA, AUTO CAD, REVIT / BIM
- Company bonus scheme.
- Private health care.
- Child care voucher scheme.
- Fantastic team environment.
Consideration will be given to flexible working including full time 37.5 hours and part-time 30 hours. Office located in Welling, Kent within the M25. Office is due to be located to Sidcup in the coming months.
About the company
"We are a multi-disciplinary building design company who offer the following services:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Architectural Design
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Measured Building & Topographical Survey
We were formed in 2014 and we have since grown to offer a bespoke service which is tailored to the client’s specific needs.
We are a company that is small enough to care and big enough to take on challenging and complicated projects. Typical projects include small scale residential extensions up to regeneration projects consisting of 300 new build properties. The nature of the project ranges from residential to commercial, healthcare and educational.
The growth means that the team will be moving to a brand new fitted out office helping to give a healthier working environment. The office will be in Sidcup/Welling borders."
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please apply by attaching an up to date copy of your CV to and preferred working hours to the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.