The Linux Foundation, the non-profit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, has announced additional keynote speakers for Open Source Summit North America, taking place September 11-14 in Los Angeles, CA.
The Linux Foundation Open Source Summit is the premier open source technical conference in North America, gathering 2,000 developers, operators and community leadership professionals to collaborate, share information and learn about the latest in open technologies, including Linux, containers, cloud computing and more.
Initial keynote speakers were announced in June. In addition to those, the following have been confirmed as keynotes:
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Actor, Founder and Director of HITRECORD – an online production company that makes art collaboratively with over 600,000 artists of all kinds – will share his views on the evolution of the Internet as a collaborative medium, and key technological lessons learned since the company’s launch
- Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle
- Chris Wright, Vice President & Chief Technologist, Office of Technology at Red Hat
The full lineup of all Open Source Summit North America speakers and 200+ sessions can be viewed here.
Open Source Summit North America also features tutorials and summits, all included with registration:
- Diversity Empowerment Summit
- Docker Container Orchestration: Building Clusters in Production
- Linux Cryptographic API for Fun and Profit
- Docker Container Orchestration Advanced: Operating Clusters in Production
- Hacking Device Drivers – How to Get into Kernel Development
- Using the Linux VRF Solution
- Networking Mini-Summit
In addition, there will be a wide variety of additional activities including:
- Speed Mentoring
- Recruiting Program
- Women in Open Source Lunch
- Kids Day
- Hacking for Humanity – A Social Innovation Hackathon with Girls in Tech
- Literacy Program + Children’s Book Drive
- Daily activities including meditation, a 5k run and downtown LA bus tour
A $150 discount is available for all registrations received before July 30. Academic and hobbyist rates are also available. In addition, applications are being accepted for diversity and needs-based scholarships.
Latest posts by William Goddard (see all)
- New Consortium Supporting AI-Powered Supply Chain Innovation in Canada - January 17, 2018
- Digital Money Management Technology Key in Fight for Millennial’s Business - January 11, 2018
- Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster Poised to Create 50,000 jobs - January 10, 2018