What do we infer by the term ‘Workplace Digitalization’?
The Gartner Group defines it as something that “enables new, more effective ways of working; raises employee engagement and agility and exploits consumer-oriented styles and technologies.”
In contemporary times, digitalization is the strategic priority of CEOs globally, but many lag far behind in terms of its successful implementation.
KPMG states that entrepreneurs are well aware of the fact that the trend is time-sensitive. 85% of enterprise decision-makers think that they only have a two-year timeframe to effectuate the same.
Digitizing the workplace strongly impacts profitability and productivity. But like any other business upgrade, it accompanies risks and costs. Fortunately, businesses can mitigate risks and costs with management, proper research, and process surveillance. It encompasses tools, applications, data, and collaboration features employees need to work smoothly within a secure network accessible from anywhere anytime. Implementation of digital platforms brings together all the myriad of business applications in a single place and fosters effective collaboration of employees working either remotely or on-site.
Digitizing the workplace enables your organization to:
- Collaborate effectively.
- Transparently manage projects and tasks.
- Resolve service requests and defects.
- Automate mundane business tasks.
- Integrate third-party applications.
- Generate data-driven reports.
Still wondering about the benefits of carrying out workplace digitization? Read further to learn more.
Benefits of Digitizing the Workplace
- Unites the workspace: It aids in developing a transparent operating workplace, where employees have access to real-time project and task updates. Thus, there is a lesser need for exchanging emails and follow-ups. With every one of the same mind, teams can focus on strategic business goals.
- Minimizes operational costs: The adoption of virtual meeting rooms and interactive chat boards eliminates the need for in-person meetings. In turn, saving overheads – travel, stay, office, etc. And if you opt for a SaaS platform, you avoid the costs of hiring large IT teams for managing the server/ custom software requiring laborious maintenance.
- Enhances productivity and efficiency: All this is plausibly due to digital transformations. It simplifies complicated processes so employees can complete more tasks in a short time frame. Moreover, the selection of user-friendly apps allows your teams to troubleshoot issues independently, liberating the IT and support teams to concentrate on crucial activities.
- Revenue enhancement: When the organization can control costs and enhance productivity synchronously, it is bound to gain incremental revenues. The first-hand cost of digitizing the workplace can reap long-term revenue benefits for the business.
- Helps to get by with the emergencies: Digitalization also infers converting paper documents to digital documents and stores them in cloud-based storage systems. It prepares you to grapple with any disaster or emergencies painlessly. The leaders can focus on managing disasters instead of hassling to find essential documents or sift through the chaotic mess of possibly lost documents.
- Scope to work on new ideas: The right tools and business process automation make employees’ work-life easier, boosting productivity, as they can invest their ideal time in problem-solving and working on novel ideas.
- Reinforces employee experience and employee satisfaction: Digital platforms provide the right set of collaboration tools like activity feeds, employee directories, social profiles, etc. And in the right digital environment, employees can network with colleagues, actively participate and share ideas. It makes them feel valued, creates a sense of belongingness, and stimulates employee happiness and satisfaction.
Digitizing the workplace takes you a step ahead in adopting the ever-evolving business dynamics. It successfully drives organization-wide creativity/innovation, helps recruit and retain better, improves customer service, and helps devise a modern and agile workplace. Building a digital workplace will undoubtedly bring you valuable outcomes with large-scale impact.