Bringing together the themes of DevOps and IT Service Management is the goal of this year’s itSMF New Zealand conference, being held at Te Papa Tongarewa, the Museum of New Zealand in Wellington, June 12-14.
This year’s event is titled “itSMFnz17: CALMing Influences”, this allows speakers to present on the integration of ITSM and the DevOps ideas of Culture, Automation, Lean thinking, Measurement and Sharing (CALMS). the programme is almost complete and there are a wide variety of excellent speakers from NZ and around the globe, including:
- Rob England (aka The IT Skeptic) – an internationally recognised speaker, author and thought leader in ITSM and DevOps, based in Wellington
- Jayne Groll – CEO and co-founder of the DevOps Institute in the US and author of Agile Service Management
- Stuart Rance – UK based author of many ITIL books (ITIL Practitioner most recently) and books for Axelos (owners of frameworks such as ITIL and Prince2) on cyber security (Resilia)
- Karen Ferris – internationally recognised speaker, author of ITIL (ITIL Practitioner most recently) and organisational change books and thought leader in ITSM and organisational change.
- Phyllis Drucker – experienced international speaker, author and business professional
The full programme can be found here
Topics being covered by the speakers include:
- Agile Service Management,
- DevOps and ITSM integration,
- Customer Feedback,
- Knowledge Management & KCS,
- ITIL Practitioner,
- SIAM (Service Integration And Management),
- SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age),
- Continuous Integration,
- CRM v Supplier Management v BRM,
- IT Portals,
- Improving Service Desks,
- Security in DevOps / Agile worlds,
- People (it’s always about people),
- Infrastructure as code and
- panels covering Women in IT and whether DevOps is something new
This year, for the first time, the event also includes a Service Bazaar, a concept created by CFN People in Denmark, giving participants a chance experience a variety of interactive workshop style events on the first day of the event. You can read more about the success of the Service Bazaar at the itSMF Norway conference here.
Sponsors who are already on board include Service Management tool vendors such as Alemba, Axios/Focus on Business and ManageEngine, and service providers such as Datacom. We also have ITSM Zone and Macanta sponsoring the recordings of each presentation for itSMFnz members to catch up on later.
Potential sponsors can find information about packages here.
Register online for this year’s conference here.
itSMFnz, the IT Service Management Forum of New Zealand, is a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting and facilitating the growth and recognition of Service Management practices in the IT industry. Our membership is made up of all areas of Service Management, from Service Desk employees, Problem Managers, Change Management practitioners, Service Delivery Managers, IT Managers to CIOs, and many things in between.
The organization has branches across New Zealand, with regular branch meetings held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, and intermittent meetings held in Dunedin, Hamilton, Tauranga and Whangarei.
Latest posts by James Gander (see all)
- Bringing DevOps and ITSM Together – itSMF NZ Conference 2017 - March 28, 2017
- The Service Desk – How do you make improvements? - January 14, 2016
- The Service Desk is not dead! - January 7, 2016